[gst-devel] AAC stream play with faad gst plugin : negotiation problem

Christopher Halse Rogers chalserogers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:17:35 CEST 2008

On 6/11/08, Frans van Berckel <fberckel at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  You got to test it with this pipe line ...
>
>  gst-launch filesrc location="AAC_ADTS_LC_24_193_3.aac" ! decodebin !
>  audioconvert ! faac ! faad ! audioconvert ! alsasink

Why are you converting to AAC (with the faac element) and then from
AAC to raw audio (with the faad element)?

I'm not sure that this will work, anyway.  Your aac file quite
possibly doesn't have the metadata headers (things like sample rate,
bitrate, etc) that faad requires.  If I remember correctly, faad won't
play a raw aac stream.

On the other hand, since typefind finds some information, maybe it's
just that you're missing an audioconvert between faad and alsasink.
You may want to try

gst-launch filesrc location=AAC_ADTS_LC_24_193_3.aac  ! faad !
audioconvert ! alsasink