[gst-devel] Is it possible that videorate can support "image/jpeg"(mjpeg)?

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:23:19 CEST 2008

Hi

> Now, videorate plugin only supports  "video/x-raw-yuv" and
> "video/x-raw-rgb", can it support "image/jpeg" (mjpeg)?
>
> if it can support, how to modify the videorate source code to support
> it?

You might want to use it after the decoder. I didn't manage to do so
myself though (got some "Got segment but doesn't have GST_FORMAT_TIME
value" errors -- even with source that has a do-timestamp=true
property)...

For instance, the following pipeline doesn't work:
gst-launch-0.10 -vvv gnomevfssrc location=http://192.168.40.137/image
do-timestamp=true ! jpegdec ! capsfilter caps = "video/x-raw-yuv,
format=(fourcc)I420, width=(int)640, height=(int)480,
framerate=(fraction)25/1" ! videorate ! xvimagesink

(with or without the capsfilter)

Flo