[gst-devel] Is it possible that videorate can support "image/jpeg"(mjpeg)?

Wang Diancheng dcwang at redflag-linux.com
Fri Jun 13 03:19:57 CEST 2008

Thanks for your reply.

    > Hi
    >> Now, videorate plugin only supports "video/x-raw-yuv" and
    >> "video/x-raw-rgb", can it support "image/jpeg" (mjpeg)?
    >>
    >> if it can support, how to modify the videorate source code to
    >> support it?

    > You might want to use it after the decoder. I didn't manage to do
    > so myself though (got some "Got segment but doesn't have
    > GST_FORMAT_TIME value" errors -- even with source that has a
    > do-timestamp=true property)...

I use a camera that support "image/jpeg"(mjpeg), I use follow pipeline
to record video to avi files. this pipeline directly save jpeg encoded
frame to avi file.

        gst-launch v4l2src queue-size=2 ! \
        image/jpeg,width=640,height=480 ! tee name=vsrc vsrc. ! queue \
        ! jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! timeoverlay ! gconfvideosink \
        vsrc. ! videorate ! queue !  muxer. avimux name=muxer !  filesink \
        location=x.avi alsasrc ! \
        'audio/x-raw-int,rate=8000,channels=1,width=8,signed=false' ! \
        queue ! muxer.

I modify videorate make it support "image/jpeg", it works. at least,
uitil now, no problem found. following is the patch: