[gst-devel] How to draw a rectangle onto an ximagesink?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Jun 16 21:02:47 CEST 2008

hi,

Nieto, Noe M schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>

> I am writing an application where the user should be able to draw (with
> the mouse) a rectangle on a playing video window (for now it is an
> ximagesink).

Thats not so easy. Curretly xvimagesink does autofill-colorkey. That is it fills
the drawable with the colorkey so that you see the video. Please file an
enhancement request, so that xvimagesink supports a property to turn off
autofill and another to tell you about the colorkey. Then you can fill the
drawable yourself with the colorkey and paint your rectangle in a different
color over it. The video will be seen where the colorkey is visible.

Stefan