[gst-devel] How does a pipeline look that plays LPCM files

danielkun at iremo.com danielkun at iremo.com
Mon Mar 3 03:07:08 CET 2008

Mike,

> > I wrote a Gstreamer plugin that converts network byte order to little
> > endian to be able to play LPCM files.
>
> audioconvert can do that, you don't need to write a new plugin.

Thank you. It played back just fine with audioconvert.

I still get the error message below though,
(gst-launch-0.10:2321) GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_clip:
assertion 'segment->format == format' failed

using the following pipeline:
gst-launch filesrc location=B-LPCM-1.pcm !
audio/x-raw-int,width=16,rate=44100,channels=1,depth=16,signed=true,endianness=4321
! audioconvert ! alsasink

What have I missed?

Thank you,

Daniel