[gst-devel] question about fakesrc

Daniel Charles dcharlesm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 04:35:38 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Andres Colubri <andres.colubri at gmail.com> wrote:
> In all the examples I've found about pushing user-defined buffers
>  through fakesrc, for example:
>  http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-data-spoof.html
>  the bpp and depth are always both set to 16. Is this a limitation of
>  fakesrc? I have tried sending 32
>  bits buffers with rgba data, but without success.
>
>  Does anyone have more examples/code samples involving fakesrc?

I guess you need to include a caps filter in between your src and
sink.  Since fakesrc and fakesink could handle any caps, I used audio
ones.

gst-launch fakesrc sizetype=2 num-buffers=5 ! audio/x-raw-int,
width=32, depth= 32 ! fakesink

check on your caps for your actual sink and just change them to
something more accurate.

I hope this helps.

Daniel.