[gst-devel] Question on dshowvideodec

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Tue Mar 4 11:51:17 CET 2008

Hey,
Normally Dshow fake filters are registered by calling
gst_dshow_register_fakefilters at decoder plugin initialization.
If it doesn't work, it could be because you don't have administration
rights or you are using Vista with UAC.
DirectShow filters need administration rights to be registered so I will
register them in the setup installers and application using them will
have to register them at installation time.

You can try to run regsvr32 $PATH/libdshow.dll to register them so you
will see if there is an error returned or UAC prompted.
Regards,
Sebastien