[gst-devel] First Plugin - Compiling and installation

Alex Ugarte augarte at vicomtech.org
Fri Mar 7 09:25:35 CET 2008

Hi!
I had this problem and  it was because gstreamer looked for plugins in
/usr/lib/gstreamer/... and mine was instaled in /lib/gstreamer/... (or
something like that).
Try using the --prefix=/usr option when configuring.

There are a copule of arguments for gst-inspect and gst-launch that can be
usefull too:
*--gst-plugin-path=PATH* Add directories separated with ':' to the plugin
search path*--gst-plugin-load=PLUGINS* Preload plugins specified in a
comma-separated list. Another way to specify plugins to preload is to use
the environment variable GST_PLUGIN_PATHWith these, you don't even have to
install the plugin.

I hope it helps