[gst-devel] Google Summer of Code: advanced OpenGL video mixer/renderer

Attila Áfra attila.afra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:46:55 CET 2008

>  Implementing that list well would take much longer than a Google Summer
>  of Code project.

This is why I will soon start developing. I'm aware that it's a big
project, so I will drop a few features, if necessary (e.g. the noise
filter, the advanced deinterlacer).

>  I think it would be wise to decrease the scope of the project.  Pick
>  a few video processes, implement them with a dirt-simple API, wrap it
>  all in a GStreamer plugin, then go back and redesign the infrastructure,
>  redesign the API, reassess the level of quality you expect from the
>  algorithms, etc.  At that point, you might have some time left in your
>  summer to start reimplementing various stuff and adding more processes.

I don't think it's a good idea. In my opinion it's too much extra
unnecessary work.

>  Also, as others have mentioned, there is gst-plugins-gl.  This has
>  gotten bogged down in the craptastic API that is OpenGL.

Fortunately OpenGL 3 looks really promising. :)

Thanks for the advices!

Attila