[gst-devel] VC-1 support on Windows and other platforms

Edward Hervey edward.hervey at collabora.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 12:31:59 CET 2008

Hi,

  Even though VC1 support was added a long time ago in ffmpeg,
gst-ffmpeg uses specific revisions of upstream ffmpeg (for reasons
outside the scope of this mail).
  The latest release of gst-ffmpeg (0.10.2) was still using a revision
from a long time ago.

  The current cvs head of gst-ffmpeg uses a much recent revision, with
which VC1 indeed works.
  You could also, if you're on windows, use the directshow wrappers
available in -bad. They will provide VC1 support (amongst other
formats).

   Edward