[gst-devel] DV File CPU Usage?

Jonathan Thomas jonathan.oomph at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:32:04 CEST 2008

I noticed that the gstreamer framework seems to take all my CPU when trying
to view a 32 MB DV file (which I captured from my mini-dv camcorder).  I am
using Python to load the DV file and play it.  My computer is a Pentium 4
with a 1.8 GHz CPU and 1 Gig of Ram.  I also get the same exact performance
using the Movie Player in Ubuntu 8.04 (which I'm assuming uses gstreamer
also).

Any suggestions or tips for making the video playback smoothly?  If this is
a problem with gstreamer, any talks of improving the performance?  Just as a
reference, I used Kino to play the file, and it plays the file very
smoothly.

Thanks in advance!
-Jonathan