[gst-devel] Sending seek events to correct pipelines

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 13 18:36:46 CET 2008

Hi All,
I have an application where I embed 2 pipelines in my main pipeline. Each having its own filesrc, decodebin and sink elements:

gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(pipeline1), filesrc1, decodebin1, videosink1,..., NULL);
gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(pipeline2), filesrc2, decodebin2, videosink2..., NULL);
gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(mainpipeline), pipeline1, pipeline2, NULL);

However I want to send specific seek events for each pipeline (to access specific parts of the video files I play). If I use gst_element_send_event (mainpipeline, my_seek_event) then I got one of the file beeing seek, but it is not sure which line received the event. And if I use gst_element_send_event (pipeline1, my_seek_event_1) and gst_element_send_event (pipeline2, my_seek_event_2) then it seems that none of the events is catched nor processed.
Is there something I do wrong or do not understand correctly?
Regards,
Al