[gst-devel] Sending seek events to correct pipelines

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:55:32 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 17:36 +0000, Albert Costa wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have an application where I embed 2 pipelines in my main pipeline.
> Each having its own filesrc, decodebin and sink elements:
>
> gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(pipeline1), filesrc1, decodebin1,
> videosink1,..., NULL);
> gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(pipeline2), filesrc2, decodebin2,
> videosink2..., NULL);
> gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(mainpipeline), pipeline1, pipeline2, NULL);

I assume mainpipeline is a GstPipeline while pipeline1 and pipeline2 are
plain bins?

> However I want to send specific seek events for each pipeline (to
> access specific parts of the video files I play). If I use
> gst_element_send_event (mainpipeline, my_seek_event) then I got one of
> the file beeing seek, but it is not sure which line received the
> event. And if I use gst_element_send_event (pipeline1,
> my_seek_event_1) and gst_element_send_event (pipeline2,
> my_seek_event_2) then it seems that none of the events is catched nor
> processed.

Sending the event to a pipeline/bin will send the event to all sinks (or
bins with sinks in them) so both pipelines should receive the event.

The best way to do this is to simply put the two separate pipelines into
two separate GstPipeline objects and work from there.

Wim