[gst-devel] mp3 decoder

Gnanasekar sk.gnanasekar at gdatech.co.in
Fri Nov 21 15:13:10 CET 2008

Ya sure i ll tell you my motive ,

    We need to write mp3 plug-in.As we know that filesrc is there for
getting my mp3 input file from Local system and push it to mad
plug-in.Here is the decoder part comes.So we planned to replace this mad
plug-in with my own plug-in which does as mad does.After all decoder
processing done here. we ll be pushing this output to next plug-in
through push_pad()(that is alsasink or osssink);.This is what we have in
our mind.

For that decoder part we planned to use libmad library for decoding
functionality.
Now suggest me what to do ?