[gst-devel] ffmpeg muxers - index not written in the result file

Mark Nauwelaerts manauw at skynet.be
Tue Nov 25 12:20:11 CET 2008

It is something else; a problem in your approach.
There is a difference between an EOS event (an event that travels downstream in
the pipeline) and and EOS message (that is posted on the pipeline's bus).
The latter is typically posted as a *result* of all sinks in the pipeline having
received an EOS event).
However, simply posting an EOS message will not make sinks (or upstream elements
such as muxer) magically receive some EOS event.  Sending an EOS event (instead
of having basesrc do it after N buffers) could alternatively be achieved by
sending an EOS event downstream from a buffer probe callback, or pad block
callback, or etc (likely with some caution), or by some other (than basesrc)
element in the pipeline (e.g. entrans' dam).

Mark.