[gst-devel] re-license and move of Fluendo mpeg ps and ts demuxers

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 18:57:35 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 17:37 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> We could kill the old plugins in gst already, and rename the new plugins
> to that?

Can't do that, since the behaviour of the two demuxers is different in
some aspects (pad names, media format output etc.), which might break
existing applications using the current -ugly demuxer (-ugly is supposed
to have the same stability guarantees as -good if I'm not mistaken).

We can deprecate the one in -ugly though and declare the new one the one
to use if we find it's better or more hackable.

 Cheers
  -Tim