[gst-devel] RTP Session Release

Manish Rana manish.rana at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 15:48:03 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Senario:
Audio and Video Data Transfer using RTP and UDP. ( psVT )

I am removing Video Pipelines, keeping the Audio .
( To remove Video Pipelines i am sending EOS to the pipelines, then
unlinking and removing it from the main pipe.
Also i release the requested pad.
 )
Till now every thing works fine.

Now if again i want the Video Pipelines to be added I am not able to get the
RTP session :(
Also if i do not release pad and try reusing the same session, it doesnt
work......
Please tell me what i am doing wrong.

I looked in to gstrtpbin.c code as well.
There the function to release request pad is empty:( ( Is this a bug ????? )
I tried putting prints there it never came till that point.....looks i am
doing something wrong :(

In Short my senario is VT-> VoIP -> VT

Please help

Thanks a lot