[gst-devel] C code to gstreamer plugin conversion

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Sep 23 14:46:39 CEST 2008

hi,

please leave the discussion on the list.

arnabsamanta schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
> 	thanks a lot for your reply.
> 	i have gone through the pwg. and i know the basics of plug ins.
> 	i just have a small confusion. when i already have a C++ code with a number
> of functions calling each other , so in the _init() function do i need to
> initialize only the main calling function of the code ? in that case can i
> name and treat the function as the chain function ?

All gstreamer elements are gobjects. You want to read the first chapter
in gobject api docs as well. a gobject has a lifecycle. The _init()
function is called once for each new instance. A _chain() function is
used to process chunks of data. You need to implement a gobject and call
your c++ functions at the appropriate place. In _init() you would e.g.
do a new() of the c++ class and store the instance in the gobject
instance. But as I said, please check the existing c++ plugins.

Stefan