[gst-devel] Real framerate display

Aarto Matti aarto.matti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 18:14:54 CEST 2009

Thanks, Florent.

FPS is meaningful for me to see when cpu is not able keep it at maximum, I
also need a way to measure how much performance I gain with hardware codecs.

I used handoff event as you suggested and I had to split the stream into two
with tee and feed one to fakesink. So it works :) Then I need to measure
what do I get with XV, since colorspace conversions and scaling can be done
with it. From here perhaps I can measure cpu usage, but to use FPS wouldn't
be fair, because I can't go with gstreamer beyond xvimagesink. I will study
what I can do with QoS events.

--
Aarto