[gst-devel] flutsmux information (extended)

lyang oxcsnicho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:55:42 CEST 2009

Hi Idac,

Are you trying to mux two different programs within one TS stream?

In fact I looked into a similar problem with mpegtsmux/flutsmux (they are
basically identical) a few weeks ago, and what I found is that the
capability of the muxer is not as good as expected. (If you are interested
you can have a look at http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/MpegTsMuxTest;
there you can see that the produced TS stream is not compatible with many
contemporary players.) The main reason of this is that flutsmux/mpegtsmux is
incapable to write full-fledged PAT/PMT tables in the stream. I currently
don't have an environment to test your pipeline, but I think your problem
probably comes from the same reason.

As an advertisement, I've proposed a project aiming to enhance the TS muxer
in the Google summer of code this year, which is supposed to be finished by
the end of June or so. I hope to support your use case in my project.

Regards,
Lin