[gst-devel] Implementing a Mixer interface / GstAudioSrc!

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Apr 24 15:15:04 CEST 2009

Guilherme schrieb:
> Hi mates.
> Finally I found a mailling list on gstreamer.
>
> Im having newb issues here, Ive read the whole manual and I have already
> the basic concepts of writing a app using gstreamer.
>
> The problem is, I can't find more materials as tutorials, other manuals...!
>
> I need a simple source that reads data from a microphone.
> As I noticed, I should use the Mixer Interface, also for writing a src
> like that, I can handle just implementing a simple GstAudioSrc.

You can use any audiosrc. on linux you will probably use alsasrc or
pulsesrc. The mixer inface can be use to select the input you want to
record from. And that is there part where I am not aware of an example.
jokosher - a python application uses it.
> But as I said I coulnd find any material showing some examples.

get yourself the sources for gstreamer applications :)

Stefan