[gst-devel] Dead simple appsrc player

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 15 17:10:10 CEST 2009

Dear Gst,

I'm trying to do something very simple with appsrc: queue up and play a
series of ogg files.  The net effect should be very much like a chained
ogg stream.  I tried to do this by issuing an EOS after each stream, and
then resetting the pipeline state to NULL and then READY.  However, only
the first stream plays correctly.  Subsequent streams fail with

"gstoggdemux.c(1466): gst_ogg_demux_sink_event ():
/GstPipeline:play-pipeline/GstOggDemux:oggdemux0:012can't get first chain"

A minimal test case in pygst is attached.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ben Schwartz