[gst-devel] who will call x264enc's _setcap function?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Aug 21 01:10:10 CEST 2009

2009/8/20 Chen, Weian <weian.chen at intel.com>:

> Thanks Michael.
>
> I have some information (couple of bytes) has to be passed to next element before it call _set_caps.

As I said, if you provide _specific details_, we can try to advise
about what you should do. You're refusing to provide specific details,
so we can't suggest the proper way to do things - all we can do is
guess at what you actually want to do.

For an element like x264enc (in your example) it would be totally
inappropriate to add codec_data to the upstream element's srcpad caps.
So, either your example is completely different from what you actually
want to do, or you need to explain _exactly_ what you want to do so
that we can tell you what the proper approach is.

Mike