[gst-devel] Fwd: FFMPEG gstreamer plugin

LRN lrn1986 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:58:12 CEST 2009

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> [...]
gst-ffmpeg builds against internal copy of ffmpeg, statically. That's
why it's so big.
>   Also how do I
> make my gstreamer application use   the library that I built , instead
> of the ones I installed through the package manager ?

You need to use --with-system-ffmpeg switch to configure (or something
like that). And after that you have to make sure that configure will
find the ffmpeg YOU've built, not the one you've installed from package
manager (not sure how to do that).
But be sure to look at gst-ffmpeg/ffmpegrev to get the right versions of
ffmpeg to pull when you're going to build ffmpeg yourself. Building
gst-ffmpeg against a random external version is prohibited.