[gst-devel] AEC plugin in Gstreamer

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Sun Aug 30 20:27:15 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 21:16 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> rmkart schrieb:
> > Hi,
> > Is there any AEC (Achoustic echo cancellation) Gstreamer plugin available.
> > For this I need to get the input from alsasink and send it to Alsasrc, the
> > Alsa component does a buffering within itsself. If I try to apply AEC on
> > these buffers then the quality wont be good as the logic is pplies on
> > buffers which might not be in syc. Can anyone siggest me any
> > ideas/suggestion for this.
> > Thanks,
> > RK
>
> There is none I am aware of. If you consider start making one, keep us up-to-date.

I started writing one based on libspeexdsp, but I never got it to work
properly. The code is at:

http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/tester/gst-plugins-farsight-tester.git;a=tree;f=ext/speexdsp;hb=speexdsp

Also, my understanding is that the AEC algorithm in speexdsp will only
work if the src and the sink are on the same sound card. So it won't
work with stuff like USB or Bluetooth speakers or with the microphone on
a Webcam. So I kind of gave up on it.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk