[gst-devel] Custom signal/event handling for a bin

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Dec 3 23:04:10 CET 2009

Am 30.11.2009 16:38, schrieb rmkart:

> Hi,
> I'm new to GST. I want a bin that can handle custom event/signals.
> Let's say my pipeline is in PLAYING state and now I want to unlink some
> plugins and add some new plugins, this I want to achieve through a custom
> event/signal from application to pipeline.
> I want application to be agnostic of internal plugin manipulations, so I
> will send only signal/events to my bin which will take care of plugin
> manipulation.
> Whether this is the right approach to do it or is there any other approach
> for this.
> Thanks,
> RK

Your description is a bit vague. But anyway you can write a custom bin (subclass
GstBin) and there do what you want. In that regard it does not matter if you use
a object property on the bin, an action-signal or an event to ask the bin to
change the internal graph. Events have the advantage that they can be synced
with the data flow.

Stefan