[gst-devel] would my app be possible with gstreamer?

mariano merunga at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:55:43 CET 2009

Hi,
Following your suggestion at apps
section<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/>in the page, I write to
ask if the app that we have in mind is possible with
gstreamer.

The idea is to manage data and media from different sources, in a graph
where each element/node could be scripted, for example with conditions for
triggering them depending on pipeline global variables.
For example, depending on what happens inside an element, to transform and
send the result data to one source pad or another (branching) or keep on
processing the same element till it receives a signal/event from outside
(conditional looping).
Being able to receive events from this sources, would also be really
indispensable, but as far as I know, that's completely possible.

We would also like to "talk" to different pieces of hardware, each one with
an specific protocol, for example copperlan, osc, midi, ad-hoc serial-based
protocols and so on. The app would play as a translator and mapper between
all these heterogeneous data.

We also have kind of a big requirement on using Qt as the GUI framework, I
guess that would be also possible, but I could not find any non-trivial
resources on this subject.

I would really appreciate your help
thanks in advance

mariano