[gst-devel] Win32/Perl Bindings/gstreamer-0.10.pc

Jeffrey Ray jeffrey at jeffreyray.info
Sun Dec 13 19:32:52 CET 2009

I am running attempting to install the Perl bindings GStreamer on a windows machine (vista, with perl being the lastest version of camelbox). I get this message when I run perl makefile.pl.

Package gstreamer-0.10 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.10.pc'
>      to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

I have installed the GStreamer binaries (and the dev package) from this location:

http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/doku.php?id=start

It does not include the gstreamer-0.10.pc file.  How do I acquire/create this file? Am I going to have to build GStreamer myself? It is worth noting that the GStreamer binaries above are compiled with Microsoft tools and camelbox and the libraries included with it (gtk, glib, etc) are compiled with gcc? My gut tells me yes...

Thank you in advance!

-Jeff