[gst-devel] Win32/Perl Bindings/gstreamer-0.10.pc

Jeffrey Ray jeffrey at jeffreyray.info
Tue Dec 15 03:59:15 CET 2009

> Las week I was able to build all the gstreamer modules with mingw, but
> if you only need to build the bindings without having to compile
> everything you can just modify the pkgconfig files that comes in the
> gstreamer sources[0] and changes the @prefix@, @libdir@, etc.. values
> to your installation path (which should be c:\gstreamer,
> c:\gstreamer\lib, etc..).
> The current installer doesn't update the prefix of the pkgconfig files
> and those files point to wrong dirs, but we have for that a set a
> templates[1]. So you will need to replace @SHARED_BUILD_DIR@ with
> c:\gstreamer with sed for example. Doing these steps you should be
> able to build the bindings.

Ok, so I I have deduced why I get the error below when trying to build
the perl bindings.

I have deduced that it is because the Ext ExtUtils::MakeMaker, a perl
utility for makefiles is checking for the existence of

libgstreamer-0.10.a
libxml2.a
 libz.a.

Where can I acquire these files - I don't see them with the Gstreamer
winbuilds distribution. Please excuse my ignorance, I am just breaking
into the world of C and GNU on windows (perl is my strong point).

Once again, thank you for the help!

Here is the error message - it is just saying it can't find the files above.

C:\gsperl>PERL Makefile.PL
Including generated API documentation...
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgstreamer-0.10
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lxml2
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lz
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgobject-2.0
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lglib-2.0
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgthread-2.0
Writing Makefile for GStreamer