[gst-devel] Win32/Perl Bindings/gstreamer-0.10.pc

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:10:45 CET 2009

2009/12/15 Jeffrey Ray <jeffrey at jeffreyray.info>:

>> Las week I was able to build all the gstreamer modules with mingw, but
>> if you only need to build the bindings without having to compile
>> everything you can just modify the pkgconfig files that comes in the
>> gstreamer sources[0] and changes the @prefix@, @libdir@, etc.. values
>> to your installation path (which should be c:\gstreamer,
>> c:\gstreamer\lib, etc..).
>> The current installer doesn't update the prefix of the pkgconfig files
>> and those files point to wrong dirs, but we have for that a set a
>> templates[1]. So you will need to replace @SHARED_BUILD_DIR@ with
>> c:\gstreamer with sed for example. Doing these steps you should be
>> able to build the bindings.
>>
> Ok, so I I have deduced why I get the error below when trying to build
> the perl bindings.
>
> I have deduced that it is because the Ext ExtUtils::MakeMaker, a perl
> utility for makefiles is checking for the existence of
>
> libgstreamer-0.10.a
> libxml2.a
>  libz.a.
>
> Where can I acquire these files - I don't see them with the Gstreamer
> winbuilds distribution. Please excuse my ignorance, I am just breaking
> into the world of C and GNU on windows (perl is my strong point).
>
> Once again, thank you for the help!
>
> Here is the error message - it is just saying it can't find the files above.
>
> C:\gsperl>PERL Makefile.PL
> Including generated API documentation...
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgstreamer-0.10
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lxml2
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lz
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgobject-2.0
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lglib-2.0
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgthread-2.0
> Writing Makefile for GStreamer
Hi Jeff,
I released yesterday GStreamer WinBuild 0.10.5, and I did in time to
address the minor issues related with the *pc files path.
When linking to a library using -lgstreamer-0.10, for example, gcc
will try first, by default, to link against a shared library. On
windows it will try, in this case, to link against
libgstreamer-0.10.dll, and if thi file is not found, it will try to
linking statically against libgstreamer-0.10.a. Those files (*.a) are
also included in the developers package (c:\gstreamer\lib), but you
won't need them if c:\gstreamer\bin is in your system PATH and then
gcc is able to link against libgstreamer-0.10.dll.

Cheers
Andoni