[gst-devel] Using g_singal_emit() in GStreamer

José Alburquerque jaalburquerque at cox.net
Tue Dec 15 17:33:27 CET 2009

Hi everyone.  I have a question about using g_signal_emit() with
GStreamer.  A user in the gtkmm list posted the following statement (see
the orignal post[1] for full context):

With gstreamer (C) we can used g_signal_emit_by_name to received the
tags. ex:

 for (i = 0; i < n_audio; i++) {
   g_signal_emit_by_name (pipeline, "get-audio-tags", i, &tags);

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2009-December/msg00045.html

My question is:

How can we know which signals can be used this way?  Would all these
signals have the G_SIGNAL_ACTION flag from the GSignalFlags[2] set?
Would that be a safe way to determine which signals in GStreamer can be
used this way?  Any docs to point me in the right direction would also
be welcome.  Thanks.

[2]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/2.22/gobject-Signals.html#GSignalFlags

--