[gst-devel] Resume playback after GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE message

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Mon Dec 21 13:23:58 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have written a player application to play data from a tmp file.
The http stream is been continuously downloaded into this tmp file.

Sometimes when the download rate is too slow. The player gives out the
EOS signal on the bus on reaching EOF of tmp file and the playback stops.

On such a condition I want avoid signalling EOS and start the playback again
from the place I stopped.
To stop EOS signalling I seek the file before playback with
GST_SEEK_SEGMENT_DONE flag.
This will signal GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE instead of EOS.

Now on receiving  GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE message on bus I want to resume
playback.
To do this am querying the position of the last left data and seeking it
once enough data is available
for playback. But this is not happening.

Can someone hint me what to do in such cases?

Thanks,
Jyoti