[gst-devel] Mux video and audio. Ist it possible, to pause just video ?

jenzz gerd at aline-gerd.de
Wed Dec 23 11:08:53 CET 2009

Hello,

gstreamer:
Im encoding the video signal of my webcam with theoraenc and the audio
signal with vorbisenc. I'm multiplexing both signals with oggmux and saving
the stream with filesink.
It works.

But now, I want to stop the video part of the stream for some seconds to
reduce the bitrate of the stream. But the audio should be continued.
I tried to set the bitrate of theoraenc to 1 instead of stopping it
completely. But it seems, that it is not possible to change the bitrate
parameter while the pipeline is playing.

It there a way, to pause the video stream ?

Jenzz