[gst-devel] New segment update

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Wed Dec 23 12:51:57 CET 2009

Hi All,

For my player application am required to frequently update the playback
segment values. Currently am seeking the first segment as below:

gst_element_seek
(
                             pipeline,
                             1.0,
                             GST_FORMAT_TIME,
                             GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMENT, SEEK_TYPE_SET,
                             (0 * GST_SECOND),
                            GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE,
                            -1
);

After sometime I get GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE. Now I want to update the my
NEW_SEGMENT from the last
played value to the total duration.

Can someone tell me how can I update the NEW_SEGMENT values.
And what changes to be done with pipeline state, before or after doing the
seek for
NEW_SEGMENT?

Thanks,
Jyoti