[gst-devel] Display static image?

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 23:28:39 CET 2009

I'm using the videomixer plugin to create a combined video from two incoming
video streams. Both videos are positioned horizontally next to each other.
The second video has a smaller height than the first one. Resulting in a
black rectangular area in the lower right corner of the video.

I would like to fill this black hole with a static image. I have tried
problem is that the video gets an EOS event after having loaded the image,
so it only shows for a fraction of a second.

Is there any way to do it? I'm currently loading all my pipelines using the
gst-launch parser, so a solution in gst-launch syntax would be ideal.
However, I'd be willing to do it in code if needed.

Francis