[gst-devel] Parsing the header to detect audio/audio&video presence

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Thu Dec 31 06:49:19 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I do need to list separately files which
contain *only audio* data and *both audio-video* data.

I did write an application to do typefinding and list the files.
But the conflict is for files with container format as audio/x-m4a,  and
MPEG4
which can have *only audio* or *both audio and video* content but the
container format shown is common.

The one method I tried is adding a demuxer element and looking for pad-added
signal.
But this method is consuming a bit of time if I have more files to be
listed.
So I want to know if there is any other way where I can get to know the
audio video info.

Regards,
Jyoti