[gst-devel] Re : writing videosink /hardware codec plugin

pritesh kumar pritesh.kumar2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:39:01 CET 2009

hi,

In the nxp hardware , is it possible to do decoding and postprocessing
separately ?  I mean  are there separate calls
implemented for doing decoding and postprocessing ?  if yes then

the video codec plugin can be separated from videosink.

the approach would be :

1) call decode api of accelerator in decoder plugin

2) call post process api in videosink plugin

NOTE : I am assuming that actual data flows through hardware path , so

              from decoder plugin pass fake buffers with proper timestamps
to videosink. In this way the videosink will get
              proper timestamps , without actually getting actual data
buffers .

    you can use gst_buffer_new() for this  purpose.

regards
pritesh