[gst-devel] appsrc to filesink

Andres Colubri andres.colubri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 07:06:34 CET 2009

Hello,

I wrote a very small sample program to demonstrate what I'm trying to
achieve with appsrc: to create a video file from buffers (generated by
the application itself) that are injected into the pipeline. This is the
actual pipeline I'm using in the example:

appsrc name=testsource caps=test_caps ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-yuv, width=80, height=60, bpp=32, depth=24 ! queue !
videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=30/1 ! xvidenc ! queue ! avimux !
queue ! filesink location=test.avi

where test_caps =
"video/x-raw-rgb,width=80,height=60,bpp=32,depth=24,framerate=30/1"

I have tried different things, but irrespective of what I do, the
resulting avi file doesn't contain any playable video (and it always has
a size of 800 bytes).

Perhaps I'm making a very basic conceptual mistake, any help will be
greatly appreciated! I'm attaching the sample code and the resulting avi
file.

Thanks in advance,
Andres