[gst-devel] appsrc to filesink

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Mon Feb 2 10:50:31 CET 2009

Andres Colubri a écrit :
> I wrote a very small sample program to demonstrate what I'm trying to
> achieve with appsrc: to create a video file from buffers (generated by
> the application itself) that are injected into the pipeline. This is the
> actual pipeline I'm using in the example:
>
> appsrc name=testsource caps=test_caps ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> video/x-raw-yuv, width=80, height=60, bpp=32, depth=24 ! queue !
> videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=30/1 ! xvidenc ! queue ! avimux !
> queue ! filesink location=test.avi
>
> where test_caps =
> "video/x-raw-rgb,width=80,height=60,bpp=32,depth=24,framerate=30/1"
>
> I have tried different things, but irrespective of what I do, the
> resulting avi file doesn't contain any playable video (and it always has
> a size of 800 bytes).
>
> Perhaps I'm making a very basic conceptual mistake, any help will be
> greatly appreciated! I'm attaching the sample code and the resulting avi
> file.

I have struggled with appsrc/appsink too (and it's still not working
reliably enough) ; you may have a look at the result here :
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/ekiga/trunk/lib/engine/components/gstreamer/

(the video input mostly works ; the audio input doesn't seem to, and the
audio output works for sound events but not in a call).

Hope that helps,

Snark on #gstreamer and #ekiga