[gst-devel] QT Demux with strange ouput ES data

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Feb 10 17:49:31 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Daniel James Laird
<daniel.j.laird at nxp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the qtdemux to demux a ".mov" file that I have. I am using the qtdemux and then I put the output into my onboard decoder.  However it is failing to find start codes in the data.
> I checked by running qtdemux on my PC (FC10) by running the following:
> gst-launch filesrc location=term.mov ! qtdemux name=demux  demux.audio_00 ! queue ! fakesink   demux.video_00 ! queue ! filesink location=gstreamer.h264

qtdemux doesn't output an H.264 elementary stream, which is where
you're having problems.

Additional headers needed to initialise your decoder will be in the
"codec_info" attribute in the caps. Depending on how your decoder is
structured, perhaps you can supply this directly, or perhaps you need
to rewrite the stream using that data to be a raw elementary stream.

Mike