[gst-devel] Crossfade

Neil Loknath neil.loknath at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 01:22:42 CET 2009

> I don't know about the plans for playbin2, but some basic crossfading
> support is already in rhythmbox[1] and pitching can be done with
> soundtouch[2].
>
> so long
>
> :wq buz
>
> [1]
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/rhythmbox/trunk/backends/gstreamer/rb-player-gst-xfade.c?view=markup
> [2]
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-plugin-soundtouch.html

Thanks for the links, buz.
I had already known about rhythmbox, but the soundtouch is something I will
have to check out soon.  To elaborate on my initial question, I wanted to
know if playbin2 was going to provide crossfader support because of some
rumors that it will be providing gapless playback support.  However, I'm not
sure if it is actually going to be implemented or if its just that the
about-to-finish
signal is there to help others develop it into their programs??

If crossfading is going to be available in GStreamer in the near future,
there might not be much point in working on it myself.  Same goes for
gapless.

Thanks,
Neil