[gst-devel] Building plugins for a prefix

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Sun Feb 22 19:58:20 CET 2009

Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

> I'm trying to test git head for gst-plugins-base.  I first built git head
> of gstreamer and installed it in a prefix, which went smoothly enough.
> Now I can't figure out how to tell gst-plugins-base where to find it.
> Presently, it fails with
>
> "configure: error: no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.21.1 (GStreamer) found"
>
> How can I tell gst-plugins-base to look for gstreamer in ~/prefix/ ?
> (I've tried a few settings for the GST_LIBS envvar, without success.)
>
> - --Ben

Make the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable point to ~/prefix/lib/pkgconfig.

It's also possible to use JHBuild [1], which takes care of all that (and will
do more, like checking out all the modules for you).  The needed jhbuild module
set is in the gst repo [2].

  [1]: http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/jhbuild
  [2]: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/jhbuild/

--