[gst-devel] Required GLib version policy

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 14:38:16 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 10:17 -0800, Michael Smith wrote:

> I _would_ prefer to see the requirement change a little less
> frequently that this, though. Once a year, for example, rather than
> twice a year. To give a concrete suggestion then: I'd change your
> proposal to do this after every second core/base release.

I don't think it makes a difference whether we do this after every
release or every second release, so either works fine for me (I just
want to make use of new GLib features at some point without having to
persuade everyone and their dog each time that I really can't backport
the functionality or do without).

Cheers
 -Tim