[gst-devel] About what is an internal source?

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:06:57 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 10:49 +0800, liangzhihong1984 wrote:
> Hi friends.
> I have done some operations on a GstRtpbin like this:
>     /* get session 0 */
>     g_signal_emit_by_name(rtpbin, "get-internal-session", 0,
> &session);
>
>     /* print all the sources in the session ,this includes the
> internal source */
>     g_object_get(session, "sources", &arr, NULL);
>
>     for (i = 0; i < arr->n_values; i++) {
>         GObject *source;
>
>         val = g_value_array_get_nth(arr, i);
>         source = (GObject*)g_value_get_object(val);
>
>         printSourceStats(source);
>     }
>
> and I have some questions:
> 1. What is an internal session to this rtpbin? Then what is an
> external?

Maybe the action signal should just be named "get-session". Anyway, it
gives you the RTPSession with the given ID.

> 2.I was sending only one video stream, but I don't know why I got two
> sources?

You get the internal source of the session (the SSRC used for sending SR
or RR reports in this session) and a source for each participant in the
session (the SSRCs sending SR or RR to this session).

> Also like the first question, what is an internal source and what is
> external?

Wim