[gst-devel] Horizontal lines.

Martin martin.secundario at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:02:31 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm using gstreamer (all the versions used are the current versions on
the webpage) to send the signal of a TV Card (using video4Linux 2) to my
phone (Nokia N95 with wireless) using the encoder H264.

However, there are some horizontal lines on the final stream when there
are movement on the video captured.

These are a couple of links of the problem:
1 - http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6641/96468663.jpg
2 - http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27158456.jpg

These images have been taking from the following pipeline (without using
any encoder):

gst-launch-010 v4l2src ! xvimagesink

This means that the problem is not in the encoder or any other element
of the pipeline to encode on H264.

I guess the problem is on the element v4l2src of gstreamer because I've
used the TV card to play the video on tvtime and the result is perfect.

If it's relevant, the sources used on the TV card have been a PS2 (game
and DVD film) and a SONY video camera.

PD: I'm using two different TV cards (one is Pinnacle and the other
Osprey, both using v4l) and two different computers with the same results.

Can anyone help me, please??

Thanks a lot.