[gst-devel] Horizontal lines.

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:18:33 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 20:02 +0000, Martin wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using gstreamer (all the versions used are the current versions on
> the webpage) to send the signal of a TV Card (using video4Linux 2) to my
> phone (Nokia N95 with wireless) using the encoder H264.
>
> However, there are some horizontal lines on the final stream when there
> are movement on the video captured.
>
> These are a couple of links of the problem:
> 1 - http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6641/96468663.jpg
> 2 - http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27158456.jpg
>
> These images have been taking from the following pipeline (without using
> any encoder):
>
> gst-launch-010 v4l2src ! xvimagesink

  Those sources produce interlaced content. If you use a deinterlacer
(like deinterlace, or the better deinterlace2) between v4l2src and your
sink, the result will be much better.

  We should be able now to add interlaced-detection in v4l2src due to
the recent addition of proper interlaced-support API in -base.

    Edward