[gst-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller christian.schaller at collabora.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 18:14:27 CET 2009

Hi everyone,
So GStreamer will apply to be a mentoring organisation again in this
years Summer of Code. I think last year was a big success for us with
the four projects we had all being successful. Especially getting the
Quicktime/MP4 muxer is place was a big step forward in my opinion.

The project registration isn't up yet, but I suggest all of your look
over the ideas from last year and edit/remove those who are no longer
relevant (I removed some myself) and add new ones as needed/wanted.
Always looks better in Google's eyes if we have a intelligent list of
projects available for students.

The current list is here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/SocProjects

I took the liberty of removing some of the stuff I knew is no longer
needed.

Christian