[gst-devel] Delay in playing IP camera's RTSP stream

gstPrafull prafull.mankar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:23:24 CET 2009

Hi,
I have OAbuild (windows) Gstreamer version 0.10.22
I am playing  RTSP stream from IP camera (AXIS camera) using following
pipleine in Gstreamer

gst-launch-0.10.exe uridecodebin uri=rtsp://192.168.1.95/mpeg4/media.amp !
ffmpegcolorspace !directdrawsink

Though it plays video real-time, rendering has some delays as compared to
actual stream. This might be  due to some buffering which happen initially
which gets refreshed subsequently and I could get to see non-stop real time
video.
How can we reduce this buffering duration sso as to reduce the delay.

Thanks,
Prafull