[gst-devel] Autoplugger

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:13:47 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Krishna Kishore
<krishna.kishore at sasken.com> wrote:
>        (1) What information does application give to Gstreamer for
>            automatic creation of pipeline?

A gst launch string, or a URI for the automagic playbin and playbin2 elements.

>        (2) I want to in detail about decodebin, audiobin, playbin.
>            Does it pick up only pre-registered plugins OR will it
>            pickup any plugin available in GST_PLUGIN_PATH based on
>            mediatype, rank,....?

GStreamer "registers" all plugins found in GST_PLUGIN_PATH at
initialization time (gst_init() I believe.)

GStreamer elements tell GStreamer what types of media they support,
and using that information GStreamer elements such as playbin and
playbin2 can figure out what elements are needed for media playback.

>        (3) Can anyone give details on one usecase in which autoplugger
>            was used.?

You'll need to be more specific. Unfortunately I have no idea what
details you might want. Try something like this:

GST_DEBUG=*:3 gst-launch playbin uri=u://r/l

--
http://codebad.com/