[gst-devel] About how to use gstreamer signals

liangzhihong1984 liangzhihong1984 at 126.com
Sun Jan 11 04:09:00 CET 2009

Hi, everyone.
I would like to use gstreamer singals to get some running parameters, but I don't know how to use
them in my project. For example:
    I got a signal named "get-stats" in multiudpsink, and it is defined like this:
GValueArray*user_function                  (GstMultiUDPSink *gstmultiudpsink,
                                            gchar *host,
                                            gint port,
                                            gpointer user_data);

Get the statistics of the client with destination host and port.

gstmultiudpsink :the sink on which the signal is emitted
host :the hostname/IP address of the client to get stats on
port :the port of the client to get stats on
user_data :user data set when the signal handler was connected.
Returns :a GValueArray of uint64: bytes_sent, packets_sent, connect_time (in epoch seconds), disconnect_time (in epoch seconds)

My question is when I use this signal with g_signal_emit_by_name, how to return the GValueArray Object, where is it stored? Or any other better ways?
Can anybody give me some help.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Leon Liang